DDPP Volunteer Liability Waiver/ Agreement
While being of sound mind and judgment voluntarily and of my own free will wish to volunteer for the Drunk Driving Prevention Program, henceforth referred to as DDPP, and agree to all of the following stipulations:
1. I agree that the United States Military is in no way responsible for or affiliated with the
DDPP, I understand that the DDPP is a private non-profit corporation, and that the United States Military is not responsible for any actions I make while acting as an on duty DDPP Operator, POV Volunteer Driver, or a Volunteer Driver Escort.
2. I agree not to file any legal or civil action against the DDPP or the United States Military for
damage to property or bodily injury caused as a result of a car accident or any other incident that takes place while serving as an on duty DDPP POV Volunteer Driver or a DDPP Volunteer Driver Escort.
3. I agree that while acting as an on duty DDPP volunteer I am solely liable for any damage to
property or bodily injury caused as a result of my actions
4. I agree that while acting as a DDPP volunteer I am solely liable for my actions
5. I agree that DDPP participants are solely liable for their actions
6. I agree that DDPP volunteers are solely liable for their actions
7. I agree that I will perform an inspection (preventative maintenance checks and services) of the vehicle of the participant I am picking up on a POV inspection sheet and will not drive their vehicle if there are any deficiencies or any documentation, such as insurance or registration, missing from their vehicle
8. I agree I will not fraternize with anyone while on duty as a DDPP POV Volunteer Driver or a
DDPP Volunteer Driver Escort
9. I agree that I will only transport DDPP participants
10. I agree to behave in a professional, orderly manner while servings as either a DDPP Operator,
a POV Volunteer Driver, or a Volunteer Driver Escort
11. I agree that while working as a DDPP volunteer I will behave in a respectful appropriate manner, I will not curse, yell, or insult, anyone or behave in a disorderly manner of any kind
12. I agree that if I observe a crime while serving as a DDPP volunteer I will report it to the police.
13. I agree not to flirt with or make sexual comments to a DDPP volunteer or participant.
14. I agree not to engage in sexual intercourse or any physical contact of a sexual nature with a
DDPP participant or volunteer.
15. I agree not to enter a participant’s residence.
16. I agree that due to the diminished capacity of the DDPP participant if I observe a participant
and a DDPP volunteer enter the participant’s residence leaving me behind it is safe to assume that they may engage in sexual intercourse and I will report the incident as a possible rape to the police.
17. I agree not to consume alcohol while on duty as a DDPP driver or operator. I agree to submit to a breathalyzer administered by my counterpart driver.
18. I agree that if I violate this contract by filing legal action against the DDPP I will pay the
DDPP’s attorney fees in the amount of $300 per hour
19. I agree that while on duty as a volunteer driver I will administer a breathalyzer test to intoxicated participants that I pick up on shift. If the participant’s BrAC is above a .28, I will transport the participant to the nearest medical facility for evaluation, or call 911 and request medical assistance. I will not leave the participant alone until the participant’s BrAC is below a .24. If the Participant refuses to wait in the volunteer escort’s vehicle I will not attempt to restrain, detain, or imprison the Participant. If the participant refuses to wait in the volunteer escort’s vehicle I will call 911 and request an ambulance be dispatched to evaluate the participant. I understand that the participants BrAC could still rise and reach a .3 which is a potentially lethal BrAC.
20. I agree that once I have observed the readings on all portable breathalyzer tests of both the participant, as well as my counterpart volunteer driver, the readings will be displayed in a manner so that they can be seen by the video surveillance camera supplied by the DDPP
21. I have read and agree to abide by the General Information Section of the DDPP bylaws
22. I understand that any violation of this contract could be cause for my banishment from being a DDPP volunteer.
I understand and agree to all of the above stipulations of this contract and agree to be a
volunteer for the DDPP