DDPP Liability Waiver/ Agreement
I voluntarily and of my own free will wish to participate in the Drunk Driving Prevention Program, henceforth referred to as DDPP, and agree to all of the following stipulations:
1. I agree that the United States Military is in no way responsible for or affiliated with the DDPP, I understand that the DDPP is a private non-profit corporation, and that the United States Military is not responsible for any actions I make while acting as a DDPP Participant.
2. I agree not to file any legal or civil action against the DDPP or the United States Military for damage to property or bodily injury caused as a result of a car accident or any other incident that takes place if I utilize the DDPP’s designated driver services as a DDPP participant.
3. I agree that DDPP participants are solely liable for their actions.
4. I agree that DDPP volunteers are solely liable for their actions.
5. I agree that as a DDPP participant I am solely liable for my actions.
6. I agree that DDPP Volunteers are solely liable for any damage to property or bodily injury caused as a result of their actions.
7. My car insurance allows for other motorists to operate my vehicle and in the event of a car accident the motorist operating my vehicle would be covered under my car insurance policy.
8. I agree to allow an on-duty DDPP Volunteer Driver to operate my vehicle and be covered by my car insurance should I call the DDPP and request to use the DDPP designated driver service.
9. I agree that signing this document makes me a member of the DDPP.
10. I agree that membership within DDPP is entirely voluntary. I agree to abide by all DDPP rules and regulations until my membership with the DDPP is terminated.
11. I agree that when I utilize the DDPP’s designated driver services as a participant I will behave in a respectful appropriate manner, I will not curse, yell, or insult, anyone or behave in a disorderly manner of any kind.
12. I agree that if I violate this contract by filing legal action against the DDPP I will pay the DDPP’s attorney fees in the amount of $300 per hour.
13. I understand that any crime observed by a DDPP volunteer or participant will be reported to the police.
14. I agree that if I observe a crime as a DDPP participant I will report it to the police.
15. I agree not to flirt with or make sexual comments to a DDPP volunteer or participant.
16. I agree not to engage in sexual intercourse or any physical contact of a sexual nature with a DDPP participant or volunteer.
17. I agree to submit to a portable breathalyzer test any time I utilize the DDPP’s designated driver program. I understand that a Breath Alcohol Content (BRAC) of .3 is a potentially lethal alcohol content. I agree that if my BRAC is above a .28 to allow the DDPP volunteer drivers to transport me to the nearest medical facility for evaluation, or call 911 and request medical assistance. I agree that the DDPP is in no way responsible for any of my medical bills.
18. I agree that until my BRAC is below a .24 I will not be left alone. I agree that if the DDPP volunteer drivers are unable to locate someone to observe me throughout the night, to ensure I am not in need of medical attention that I will wait in the Volunteer Driver Escorts vehicle until my BRAC is below a .24. I understand that if I violate this contract by refusing to wait with the volunteer team until my BRAC is below a .24 the volunteer team will call 911 and request an ambulance, due to the fact that my BRAC could still rise and possibly reach a .3 which is a potentially lethal BRAC. I agree to pay for all of my medical expenses in the event an ambulance is called.
19. I understand that I can only utilize this program if I am within 30 miles of the local DDPP office (not
applicable to participants on the island of Oahu, HI.)
20. I agree that if I request to use the DDPP’s designated driver service I will allow DDPP Volunteer’s to conduct a vehicle inspection Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) on my vehicle to ensure the oil or fluids aren’t low, the windshield isn’t cracked, the tires aren’t flat, and that there are no other safety issues on my vehicle. I agree to allow DDPP Volunteer’s to ensure that the registration, and insurance is all up to date and the proper documentation is located in the vehicle. I understand that if there are any issues with the vehicle it will not be driven by the Volunteer.
21. I understand that any violation of this contract could be cause for my ride privileges to be suspended and possibly my DDPP membership to be permanently revoked.
I understand and agree to all of the above stipulations of this contract and agree to be a member of the DDPP